Friends who often use pulleys know that pulleys, as cast iron parts, are relatively easy to rust. At this time, many friends asked me, does the pulley rust affect the use? Will rust on the surface of the pulley accelerate belt wear? Regarding this question, I can tell you for sure that rust on the surface of the pulley will not affect the use, nor will it accelerate the wear of the belt.
As long as you pay attention, you will find that the belt groove of the belt pulley in use will become brighter with frequent use, and the belt only contacts the belt groove of the belt pulley. Of course, the rust on the surface of the belt pulley has nothing to do with belt wear.
Causes of wear of the pulley belt:
1. Normal wear and tear, the belt has a life cycle, the use of the belt should be checked and replaced regularly.
2. Pulley quality problems: For example, trachoma on the pulley can affect the belt.
3. Installation problem: The improper installation of engine pulley and belt will also affect the belt.
4. Working environment problems: due to poor working conditions, local belt pulleys may jump or work abnormally and need to be repaired
Rust-removal and anti-rust methods for pulleys: There are mainly physical and chemical methods for removing rust from pulleys. The anti-rust method is to add a protective layer and an isolation layer.
1. The physical methods are: manual rust removal, mechanical rust prevention, shot blasting, spray treatment, etc.: The rust is mainly removed by physical methods such as collision, knocking, shoveling, grinding, and scraping. The brighter the belt groove of the frequently used pulley becomes a scene of physical rust removal.
2. Chemical treatment method: The chemical treatment method is also called the pickling method. The principle is to use the acid liquid to chemically react with the rust (oxide) on the metal surface to be dissolved in the acid liquid. The hydrogen generated by the action of the metal makes the oxide scale mechanically fall off
3. There are many ways to prevent the pulley from rusting. The common methods are grease on the pulley, black boiling of the pulley, black phosphating, and painting to prevent the pulley from rusting.
The above content is organized and provided by Taizhou Jiaojiang Jingyi Machinery Factory. It is a comprehensive enterprise specializing in the production and sale of various belt pulleys, hand wheels, pulleys, couplings and other transmission machinery accessories. It covers an area of more than 10,000 square meters, has 30 years of production history, large-scale production, and rich experience in technical staff. Designers can design, process and produce various types and specifications of products and castings from 40mm to 1500mm according to the drawings provided by customers or related data of conventional models. The raw materials used in our factory are all standard qualified alloys. The products have excellent craftsmanship, long service life, high movement precision, convenient disassembly and assembly, and can effectively improve the quality of the whole machine. Many domestic and foreign manufacturers and merchants have sent large quantities to our factory. order.